What do the different class types mean?
There are currently three different types of class on CicloZone:
- Performance - cyclist-focussed classes with long intervals. Identified by the chequered flag in the top left of the screen
- Challenge - more gym-style HIIT classes of high-intensity intervals mixed with lower-intensity recovery period. Identified by the lighting bolt in the top left of the screen
- Tempo - music and rhythm based classes with less emphasis on intensity and more focus on RPM and cadence. Identified by the music notes in the top left of the screen
How does CicloZone get results?
CicloZone classes are based on the same sports science used by professional athletes around the world. Your body produces energy from one of three energy systems:
- Aerobic - low-intensity workout system producing power with the use of oxygen
- Lactate - higher intensity, begin converting glycogen stored in muscles into energy and power
- Anaerobic - very high intensity, produce energy anaerobically
We all need all three energy systems to be operating effectively to perform at our best
CicloZone uses our knowledge of cadence, intensity and how to identify where your thresholds lie, to activate all three main energy systems during every workout to make sure every second in the saddle counts.
How do i find out which class type is which?
Each class has a symbol in the top left corner of the screen. These are a chequered flag (Performance), a lightening bolt (Challenge) and music notes (Tempo) or you can search in the video search filters for each class type.